M-Pawa, coined from an English word that means to enable or to facilitate, is a mobile-based banking service offered to Tanzania M-PESA customers by CBA in partnership with Vodacom. M-Pawa is operated entirely from your mobile phone, with no forms or additional documents required for you to sign up to M-Pawa. All you need is your handset and to be registered on M-PESA.
M-Pawa is a suite of banking products offered to M-PESA customers via their mobile phone to enhance the M-PESA value proposition. M-Pawa offers customers both a Deposit and a Loan product that are convenient, reliable and cost-effective for making micro-savings and taking micro-loans.
This new service allows you to save your money safely in your phone with ease thereby helping you save for your goals.
With M-Pawa, one stands to enjoy several benefits which include the following:
- Convenience of mobile banking i.e. you can transact from the comfort of your location
- Paperless (mobile centric), safe and fast service.
- No minimum balance
- No ledger fees
- No transactional charges while moving money between M-Pawa and M-Pesa
- Competitive interest rates
- Access to credit facilities1