Our CBA Deposit Accounts are designed to offer maximum return on investment. They offer flexible investment periods with interest that is paid upon maturity or at predetermined times of the year. We give you the choice of investing in both local and designated foreign currencies.
Two investment options
The Call Deposit Account is ideal for the saver who wants to earn high interest over a short term and still have funds to use as needed. With the Call Deposit you may invest for a minimum period of 48 hours (2 days) onwards. You may make partial withdrawals from your deposit account subject to a 24 hour notice period. In addition, the principal, plus interest, is paid upon notice of withdrawal.
The Time Deposit Account offers a high-yield return and allows you to determine how long you want to invest. You may choose to invest for 1-12 months with the option to roll the account over after that time. With this option you get interest paid upon maturity or at designated intervals (at a market rate).
How much do I need to start?
The minimum deposit amount for local currency is TZS 1,000,000 or the equivalent in foreign currency.
More about the Deposit Account
- The Deposit Account is a short to long-term investment vehicle
- The interest rate is fixed and guaranteed for the term of the investment, so you don`t have to worry about declining interest rates
- Interest payment options are flexible, allowing interest to be paid monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, annually or upon maturity
- You may use any of these deposit accounts as security against an overdraft or loan of up to 90% of the deposit in the currency of your deposit, or 80% of your deposit for other currencies at very competitive interest rates
- CBA will automatically re-invest/roll over your funds after the maturity date, unless you instruct us otherwise
- Should you wish to change your investment period, just inform us before the date of maturity
- In addition you will receive a free advice slip in the mail upon maturity or on request